1. INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE AND SHARING
A. The Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that enables someone to identify a person, including name, email address, address, phone number, date of birth, and any other information about a person that is associated or linked to data we receive. The People Data Labs “Data Union” is a data sharing group that People Data Labs facilitates to enable various applications to share data for collective benefit, including reducing fraud, personalizing messaging, and other purposes.
- Information Collected via our Data Union. Companies and applications that have opted into the People Data Labs Data Union have agreed to the following data sharing Services Subscription Agreement, specifically Sections 10.1, 10.2, and 10.3. The companies and applications that participate in the People Data Labs Data Union are the entities that collect the person data, or User Data. “User Data” means information about a person, that could include a person’s email, name, date of birth, age, email address, address, phone number, company, job title, location, education history, photos, social network handles, interests, skills, and purchasing trends (collectively, “User Data”).
- Information Collected from Third Parties. People Data Labs collects information about a person from the following third party sources: (a) third parties who join the Data Union via a custom partnership; (b) third parties who license, sell, or otherwise provide data they have collected; (c) information from publicly available sources, including the internet and social media sites. People Data Labs does not collect data from sites that have been designated as private.
- Merging Data Together. People Data Labs uses User Data to combine data records together, so that they are more complete (“Complete Data Records”). When People Data Labs merges data together, they separate data into two groups: combinations of data that can be used to determine a person’s identity such as a combination of email addresses, addresses, social media handles, date of birth, and others (“Data Linkages”); and data that provides information but is not used to determine identity, such as company, job title, education, skills, and others. People Data Labs uses the data linkages to merge multiple data records to the same identity, to create Complete Data Records. People Data Labs uses the Data Linkages to merge data records together to create Complete Data Records, which they disclose to third parties as outlined herein.
B. Disclosure of a Person’s Personal Data:
- Developers. Developers may want access to Personal Data that People Data Labs collects. As a result, People Data Labs may provide a person’s Personal Data to Developers. The privacy policies of the Developers may apply to the use and disclosure of a person’s Personal Data that People Data Labs collects and provides to such Developers. Contractually, People Data Labs requires Developers to not use such data for purposes of ad exchanges, data brokerages, and any other usage that is in violation of applicable law.
- Legal Disclaimer. People Data Labs reserves the right to disclose information to third parties if People Data Labs believes they are required to do so by law or have a good-faith belief that such access or disclosure is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to enforce the People Data Labs Services Subscription Agreement; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to respond to user support requests; and to protect the rights, property or safety of People Data Labs, its customers and the public.
2. Commitment to Children’s Privacy
People Data Labs is committed to protecting the privacy of a person’s children. To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, People Data Labs does not collect, process, or store any information on people under the age of 13 years old.
3. ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
A person may do any of the following at any time by contacting People Data Labs at firstname.lastname@example.org. People Data Labs will reply to a person’s request within five business days.
A. Access any information we have on them, if any.
B. Change, correct, or delete any information we have them, if any.
C. Express any concerns about People Data Labs using their information.
People Data Labs' team will act swiftly upon a person’s email request to change, correct, provide, delete, or explain anything a person query.
People Data Labs understands if a person would like to opt out of People Data Labs' database. Opting out will stop all data sharing and enriching of all PII in People Data Labs servers for that person. Click here, if you would like to opt-out, or choose to have all data about you removed from People Data Labs' database.
People Data Labs has implemented reasonable measures designed to secure a person’s personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although People Data Labs does their best to protect a person’s personal information, People Data Labs cannot guarantee the security of a person’s personal information transmitted via our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at a person's own risk. People Data Labs is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Services.
6. QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
Updated: May 8th, 2018